I talked about Rage earlier. Love that band. Love how they don't give a shit about what people think and how they're all cerebral guys that care about what's going on. Tom Morello, the lead guitarist, went to Harvard. How awesome is that? I didn't know much about rage when they were hugely popular because I didn't listen to much music then. Not sure why, but now I think they're awesome. When they split up and formed Audioslave, I was a mega fan. The first album, Cochise, is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Just about every song on there rips with a unique blend of Chris Cornell's voice and Tom Morello's crazy guitar licks. Good hard rock. None of this crap that's out today (with some exceptions of course). So here's a badass song from a badass group. Audioslave, with Show Me How to Live. Oh and by the way, he does auto-tune here...by slapping himself in the throat which they don't show in the video. Check out the live version below for that.
Monday, March 26, 2012
Auto-Tune. Give me a break.
I'm so damn tired of crappy hip-hop in today's music scene. Most of it is pure shit made only with beats and auto-tuned vocals. I'm entirely convinced that a large percentage of today's "pop" stars have very little natural talent, and any that they do is lost in their stupid outfits designed for shock factor. What ever happened to real music? Even the rock scene today is weak. Remember in the 90's when we still had epic bands like Guns N Roses? Or early 2000s when we had rock that was real and hard from bands like Rage Against the Machine. I wish we could take artists like Katy Perry and Kanye (although he's somewhat talented) and Lady Gaga and put them on a bus and drive that bus into the ocean. Yuck. Pop and hip-hop just suck right now. EVERY hip-hop song is auto-tuned and it's annoying. What the hell is that anyway? There should be a rule, if you can't do it in a performance without using sound effects, then don't do it (I'm talking vocals here obviously). Sounds stupid.
I talked about Rage earlier. Love that band. Love how they don't give a shit about what people think and how they're all cerebral guys that care about what's going on. Tom Morello, the lead guitarist, went to Harvard. How awesome is that? I didn't know much about rage when they were hugely popular because I didn't listen to much music then. Not sure why, but now I think they're awesome. When they split up and formed Audioslave, I was a mega fan. The first album, Cochise, is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Just about every song on there rips with a unique blend of Chris Cornell's voice and Tom Morello's crazy guitar licks. Good hard rock. None of this crap that's out today (with some exceptions of course). So here's a badass song from a badass group. Audioslave, with Show Me How to Live. Oh and by the way, he does auto-tune here...by slapping himself in the throat which they don't show in the video. Check out the live version below for that.
I talked about Rage earlier. Love that band. Love how they don't give a shit about what people think and how they're all cerebral guys that care about what's going on. Tom Morello, the lead guitarist, went to Harvard. How awesome is that? I didn't know much about rage when they were hugely popular because I didn't listen to much music then. Not sure why, but now I think they're awesome. When they split up and formed Audioslave, I was a mega fan. The first album, Cochise, is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Just about every song on there rips with a unique blend of Chris Cornell's voice and Tom Morello's crazy guitar licks. Good hard rock. None of this crap that's out today (with some exceptions of course). So here's a badass song from a badass group. Audioslave, with Show Me How to Live. Oh and by the way, he does auto-tune here...by slapping himself in the throat which they don't show in the video. Check out the live version below for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with this, except for the Lady Gaga part. Sure, she's outrageous, but she's actually really talented- she has a very powerful voice, can rock it out on the piano, and she's trained in dance & theatre. I didn't realize any of this until a friend introduced me to more of her music. Have a listen at some of her acoustic or live performances...you may be surprised! It's too bad, though, that she's gone so pop, and is lumped into a category of keshas.
ReplyDeleteAudioslave is awesome- I was listening to them the other day and a friend I was with had never heard them before...can you believe it?
I'm enjoying your new blog! Keep up with the solid tunes!
you're right about Lady Gaga. I guess what bothers me is her antics but she really is talented. But a lot of people in that genre are just garbage. Glad you're on the Audioslave bandwagon!
ReplyDelete